No one wants to deal with mold, but it is an unfortunately common problem for commercial and residential buildings in coastal Virginia. Although not all mold is inherently dangerous, letting the spores grow indoors is never a good idea.
If you notice any of these signs of mold growth in your home or business, it’s important to schedule a mold testing service as soon as possible to help you identify the type of mold and seek proper treatment options.
- You suddenly develop allergy-like symptoms such as itchy or watery eyes, respiratory issues like wheezing and coughing, and runny or stuffy nose and sinuses.
- If you already have allergies or asthma, they get progressively worse, especially when you are inside.
- The building is filled with a perpetual damp, musty smell.
- Spots that are fuzzy or slimy to the tough appear on your clothing or furniture.
- The paint or wallpaper has bubbles or appears to be pulling away from the walls and ceiling.
- The air feels damp or smells odd when you run the heater or air conditioner.
- You develop a rash or hives that won’t go away, even with medicated treatments.
- In extreme cases, you may develop severe, constant headaches, mood changes, or even experience memory loss.
At Towne & Country Property Inspections, we offer mold testing to those concerned that they may already have mold growing on their property or are worried that recent water damage may cause it to take up residence. For more information on our mold testing services or to schedule a visit, contact our office.